Sunday, April 27, 2008

JKstat 0.21

It's been a while since I updated JKstat. In one sense, this slowing down is indicative that the project has reached a level of comparative maturity. Alternatively, I haven't found as much time to work on it as I would like. The reality is that both are true - the first phase of producing functional software is largely finished, and I haven't had time to address the more ambitious plans I have for the next phase.

Anyway, I'm putting out an updated version of JKstat now that has just a couple of fixes. One (an excellent suggestion from Tony Curtis) is that the network accessory shows the rates in humanized units (and I ought to implement this feature more widely). The second is a bunch of NullPointerExceptions raised by empty kstats. (Yes, I eventually stumbled across some kstats that had no data at all.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The page says 27 September 2008: version 0.21 ... the timewarp release?

Peter Tribble said...

Oops. Thanks for spotting that - I've fixed up the date.