Tuesday, April 12, 2005

More dubious methodology

In this article: Linux servers praised for security - ZDNet UK News we discover how they worked out this fascinating conclusion:

Over 6000 software development managers were asked in a survey conducted by BZ Media to rate the security of server operating systems

Oh great. So, being that software development managers obviously know all there is to know about operating system security, we can all sleep soundly in our beds knowing that reports like this are based on expert fact.

Or was it clueless opinion?

(I have nothing against software development managers. If I needed someone to manage software development, that's precisely who I would likely turn to. But the more I discover about the methodology used in some of the reports currently appearing, the more I treat those reports as a joke.)

No comments: